Cashback rewards are a great way to earn money while you spend, and B9 is proud to offer one of the few debit cards that provide this feature. With B9, you can earn up to 5% Cashback on your purchases, making your spending even more rewarding. Here's how it works:
Step 1: Activate Cashback By Choosing Your Categories
Activate Cashback in the Profile tab of the B9 app to start earning rewards.
Remember to activate Cashback between the 25th of the previous month and the 24th of the current month to be eligible for rewards. Cashback spending is counted from the moment of activation.
B9 offers Cashback rewards on a variety of purchases, including taxi, dining, and more. Select your preferred categories every month in the app to ensure your purchases go towards eligible Cashback rewards.
Step 2: Start Spending
Once you've activated Cashback and selected your categories, you can start spending towards Cashback rewards. B9 tracks your Cashback spendings and amount earned in the Profile tab - Cashback of the app. Keep an eye on your progress towards your Cashback goals and adjust your spending accordingly.
Step 3: Enjoy Your Rewards
Cashback rewards will be deposited into your account on a daily basis if all requirements are met. You can use them for anything you want, whether it's saving them for a rainy day or using them to treat yourself.
At B9, we believe in rewarding our customers for their loyalty and trust. Our Cashback feature is just one way that we make banking more rewarding for you. So, activate your Cashback today and start earning rewards on your everyday purchases.
Why my spending doesn't count towards Cashback?
One of the common scenario is the transaction doesn't include correct MCC* code.
List of MCC codes for each category can be found here: Terms of Service
*Merchant Category Codes (“MCCs”) - are four-digit numbers that a credit card issuer uses to categorize the transactions consumers complete using a particular card. Payment brands use merchant category codes to classify merchants and businesses by the type of goods or services provided in order to track and restrict transactions.
When is cashback paid?
Cashback is deposited daily.
If I report a fraud on my account or my card as lost/stolen, will I be able to keep the cashback rewards that are attributed to the fraudulent activity?
- No, as part of our commitment to the security of our members, B9 will not hold you liable for any fraudulent purchases made on your account without your permission and will therefore void cashback rewards attributed to fraudulent activity.
- Cashback rewards attributed to legitimate activity will not be impacted by the fraud on the member’s account.
What happens to my cashback rewards if I return a purchase?
- In the event, that purchase is returned, voided, or canceled prior to the cashback being awarded to the member, the cashback rewards attributed to the return, voided, or canceled purchase will be voided and not deposited into the member’s account.
- In the event a purchase is returned, voided, or canceled after the cashback is awarded to the member, the cashback rewards attributed to the return, voided, or canceled purchase will negate an equal amount of cash back rewards to be awarded to the member in subsequent months until the balance of the returned, voided or canceled purchase cashback rewards is satisfied.
Will I receive cashback rewards for charitable donations, gift card purchases and deposits into crypto wallets?
- Unlikely as these will most likely be conducted as cash transactions and will therefore not be considered a purchase as required to be eligible for cashback rewards.